Our Senior Centers provide hours of camaraderie, intellectual stimulation and nutritious meals to the frail, elderly and disabled in our communities. In addition to serving a hot meal, both centers offer an array of activities, outings, workshops, classes, medical programs, transportation, referrals, and volunteer opportunities. We operate the local senior center for the Town of Gilbert and the senior meals program in the City of Chandler.
Last year, we provided:
• 29,984 Meals in the Dining Room at our Centers
• 31,520 Meals Delivered to the Homebound or Elderly
• 843 Activities with 17,146 Participants
• 46,576 Dial A Ride Tickets for transportation
Congregate Meal Program
• On-site nutritious meals
• Opportunities for social interactions to combat loneliness and isolation
Home Delivered Meal Program
• Meal delivery to the homes of frail, elderly, disabled and otherwise home-bound persons.
• Wellness checks to ensure safety and well-being. Our monitors report tasks, such as changing a light bulb that the client cannot reach, to advising family members or case managers of the need for medical attention.
• Over 840 activities provided each year:
o Restaurant Outings
o Tai Chi
If you are interested in more information please contact:
Chandler Senior Center
202 E. Boston St.
Chandler, AZ 85225
Gilbert Senior Center
130 N. Oak St.
Gilbert, AZ 85233